Tuesday, March 1, 2011

psalm 16

The other day I was reading Psalm 16, and its deff up there in my favorites.
I was really encouraged by these verses:

"[2] I say to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.'
[4] The sorrows of those who run after another God shall multiply...
[5] The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot
[8] I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand I shall not be shaken. [9] Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure...
[11]You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy..."


We can find it hard to not put other things before God, and seek after other things for our joy.
But we can find satisfaction and peace for everything in Him alone.
Seeking after things of this world will only end in despair and hunger.
Praise the Lord that he has supplied us access to himself through the Gospel!

1 comment: